To help prevent unwanted delays or audio issues, we recommend that you do not use YSF2DMR or DMR2YSF. If you have a DMR radio, use the DMR Talkgroup, if you have a YSF radio, use the YSF Reflector. More than likely, all will work fine, but there is not really a need to use these cross modes on HRCC Link.
Sign up for and enter your DMR ID into your hotspot.
Even if you are using YSF or WiresX, in order for your name and callsign to properly pop up for ALL link users, is for you to be registered on radioid.net. After a few days you will get your ID, and it will populate the system.
This is good operating practice, no matter what mode you are using. For DV Modes, it is especially important. If you do not wait, you will likely interrupt stations breaking in or replying, as there is always a delay.
1. Your wifi connection strength under configuration. Move your hotspot closer to wifi access.
2. Your BER in the dashboard. Adjust your RX Offset to acheive a lower BER (GUIDE).
3. Overheating hotspot.
4. Hotspot reboot.
5. Change master server
Check out this video from Josh Nass on the Ham Radio Crash Course YouTube Channel.
This video will help you get your Pi-Star hotspot set up, and ready to follow the more specific instructions below.
Enable DMR Mode and Apply.
Standard Setup, ensure you have entered your Callsign and DMR ID from radioid.net
Choose BM_ Master that is closest to your area
You must finish by programing your radio with your Hotspot's frequency and the HRCC Talkgroup: #31621
Enable YSF Mode and Apply.
Standard Setup, ensure you have your Callsign entered and your DMR ID from radioid.net
Choose the YSF01037 - US HRCC Link Reflector
You must finish by programing your radio with your Hotspot's frequency.
Wires-X Rooms can only be accessed via:
1. A Wires-X enabled radio + a Wires-X Simplex Node (HRI-200 or FT2/FTM100/FTM400 in AP Mode)
2. A Wires-X enabled radio + a Wires-X Enabled Repeater
3. An FT2DR + SCU-39 (See Video >)
4. An FTM-400 or 100 + SCU-20
You unfortunately CANNOT connect to WiresX Node or Room directly from a Hotspot. This is one reason we set up the link.
1. Once you have gained access to the WiresX network, you may search for or enter the HRCC Room's ID: #61221
2. If you have not already, please sign up for a DMR ID on radioid.net - otheriwse your callsign will not properly show up for other users on the link.